Monday, January 4, 2016

Inspiration and Motivation


INSPIRATION & MOTIVATION

Today’s message is brought to you by your self-conscious…
Remember that little voice in the back of your head that kept nagging at you telling you that you are fat?

I did. I do. I still hear it. That little twit creeps his ugly head back in and plays tricks with my mind and telling me I am not good enough because I don’t look like a Victoria Secret Angel.

WHY… WHY… WHY????? Let me tell you why.

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A BIG REASON WHY PEOPLE QUIT THEIR WEIGHT LOSS AND FITNESS PROGRAM?
I’ll let you in on a little secret. Let’s go into the mind of a fluffy person…

I am SO ready to start the NEW ME!! I am going to start my new diet and exercise program and drink tons of water and get up at 5am just to work out and then eat kale chips for snacks and look like a supermodel by the end of next month. Phew. Glad we got that figured out…
Oh man, I have been on this diet thing for 4 hours now and I AM STARVING!!! I bet I will learn to love celery if I just keep trying it. Ugh, I have to go to the bathroom one more time cause I have drank SOOOOOO much water today. Sure am glad I threw those Hershey Kisses away in the outside garbage because boy am I craving sweets lying here in my bed at night…

Day 2
I am ready for the new day! I feel lighter already!! Oh man, I can barely walk my muscles hurt so bad from trying to run yesterday. I might have to drink less water today because sitting on the toilet requires me to squat my leg muscles and that is NOT going to happen. Should I try peeing standing up? Guys have it so easy…

I am going to sit here and suck on my allotted 7 almonds I get for a snack and read this magazine to get celebrity body inspiration for the new me.





PAUSE
WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!!

Guess what? Losing weight is HARD!! One of the biggest reasons why fluffy people quit their journey is because it is hard! When someone who is 300 pounds loses 10 pounds then no one notices. When you go to the gym 5 days in one week and eat everything on point but you don’t notice any change in the mirror, IT WEIGHS ON YOU!!! No pun intended.
We all look for motivation and inspiration in all aspects of life. However, are we looking for it in the wrong places? I remember when I started my fluffy to fit journey in February of 2015 I went to Pinterest and looked up fit bodies. I must have had a dozen or more pictures of tough sexy looking fit babes that I was determined was going to be me by the end of the year. Some were celebrities and some just looked incredible.

What I didn’t pay attention to however was the fact that it was NOT REALISTIC!!!
PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED BY PHOTOSHOP AND SOCIAL MEDIA!! IT WILL SURELY MAKE YOU FAIL.

Would I love to look like one of the fitness models in some of the pictures I found? Sure. Who wouldn’t? Will I ever look LIKE THEM? Nope. Cause my body is completely different. Can I become my own version of fit? Hell yes I can.
Be sure to find people who inspire you and motivate you to be the best YOU that you can be. Stretch marks, extra skin, scars, freckles, and even cellulite is our own. No one can magically make them disappear completely. Find what inspires you.

REAL PEOPLE. REAL FRIENDS. REAL STRUGGLES. REAL SUCCESSES.
I have found myself comparing my journey and body to other people and pictures I see plastered all over the world wide web. It’s human nature. It is what can motivate us or inspire us to initiate or continue to change.

Just make sure it is the RIGHT people who are inspiring you. Make your own goals. Customize them to YOUR body. 
My own inspiration comes from many INCREDIBLE people I see who are normal just like me who are trying to get fit and healthy. My motivation comes from the support and kind messages I receive from people and my friends and family pushing me along the way! Surround yourself with motivating and inspiring people.
My hope is that my story can help inspire and motivate someone looking for a real person with real struggles and a busy life that just so happens to be getting fit and losing weight along the way.  
 Xoxo, Heather

1 comment:

  1. Love this! My legs hurt so much yesterday I was totally thinking about the bathroom thing! HAHA
    Love the blog.
    my blog-
    https://motherinmytwenties.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete